part 318.5 of a novel: blurry day yeah 694



I wanted to think about important things, but all that my head created was a man with sunglasses. He was smiling real loud. He did not have teeth. Maybe he did. The trees were blowing. Or they were still. I could not tell. Things were very blurry. I don’t know why. My girlfriend’s old roommate was in my bed. I said, “What is that foot doing on my pillow?” She did not understand. Her foot was not on the pillow. I tried to say, “What are you doing in my bed?” I couldn’t move my lips. I looked to the man with sunglasses. He looked at me and smiled. He had teeth. They were made out of legos. I thought, “I want red teeth too.” My teeth began to hurt. I said, “My bed hurts.” My girlfriend’s old roommate got confused. I said, “Hah. I’m not the only blurry one.” The man with the sunglasses smiled and shook his head. He began to look like a tree blowing in the wind. Maybe he was standing still. Maybe the tree ate him. The tree had lego teeth. Her foot was not on the pillow. She was going to step in a bear trap. I said, “My foot hurts.” I tried to say, “Watch out. You are going to step into a bear trap.” She did not understand. She looked at my foot and said, “Why does your foot hurt.” I tried to say, “Not my foot stupid, your foot,” but my teeth hurt and the tree was smiling and everything in my mouth was blurry and the best I could manage was, “Bears don’t have feet either.” Then she said, “Ow,” and I went to eat cereal, because there was nothing I could do for her, but all that was in the box was cracked teeth and legos so I gave the bowl and jug of milk to a tree.

No comments: