part 317.1 of a novel: blurry day yeah 684


The heating vents came on. I got sweaty. I went to turn on a fan. I did not have a fan. I put a video recording of a fan blowing into the VCR and turned on the TV. There was a lot of blurriness. I couldn’t tell if it was me or the tape was worn out. I tapped the VCR. I blinked really fast. Everything was curved. The fan warbled. I didn’t like this. The heating vent laughed. It jumped out of the wall. I ignored it. I did not want to talk to it. I did not want it to think it was an individual. It ate food out of my refrigerator. I did not know what this meant. I became worried. This did not seem like a sign from god. I wondered how many more hours of freedom I had left. The heating vent was becoming a man with a bald head and a mustache. It ate an apple. A cane was hooked onto his arm. I said, “I’ll give you my eye for that apple.” I don’t know why I said this. I did not even want an apple. I did not want to acknowledge the heating vent as an individual. I looked at the refrigerator. I pretended it was my dog. “Would you like a treat?” The refrigerator barked. The heating vent gave me the apple and reached for my eye. There was something resting on top of the refrigerator. The day seemed to be endless. I tried to think if I had a patch in the medicine cabinet or not. My refrigerator was not my dog. It was not housebroken. It pissed all over the linoleum. I thought, “I guess I’ll have to euthanize it.” The heating vent reached into my head. I felt it grab onto the wires behind my eyeball. I did not want an apple. Then everything became more blurry then before. The heating vent let go of my eye. The fan dropped the TV on his head. I’m not sure what that meant. My eyes filled up with water. I thought of all the water in a fishbowl turning to glue. More water came into my eyes. I couldn’t see. Everything was blurry.

No comments: