part 320.3 of a novel: intimate parts

One person whispered, “I haven’t seen you in so long. It’s nice to see you. There was a lengthy time when we didn’t see each other. I’ve missed you. Your intimate parts are fading. I haven’t had a chance to say hello to them in so very long. I forgot what they looked like. Remember when I sent you a four page email and you said, ‘my intimate parts will always be yours’? I remember that. I saved it and printed it and put it on my wall. I highlighted the part about intimate parts. You don’t have to be embarrassed. These are things that happened. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Even if you don’t still feel the same way. A lot of time has passed. I understand. We aren’t the same people. I don’t know if I could write a four page email to you again anyway. Maybe I could. Maybe if you showed me your intimate parts again I could. I can hardly remember what it was like. But if not, then I understand. We haven’t seen each other in so long…”

No comments: