Part 324.1 of a novel: hot dog stand

I saw a girl go to the back of the hot dog stand and I followed her, but when I got back there she was not there and all I found was the girl who worked the hot dog stand. This confused me. The one girl who went to the back of the hot dog stand did not look like the girl who worked the hot dog stand. The hot dog stand was very small. I do not know how anyone could disappear behind it. The girl who worked the hot dog stand asked what I was doing. I did not know. I pretended I was conducting interviews. She seemed interested. I asked her if she was interested in getting conducted for an interview. She said she would. I asked her questions. I did not record any of her answers. I said, “How many times have you put a hot dog in a bun and sneezed?” I don’t remember what she said. She asked me at one point if I was going to write down any of her answers or record them. I told her I remembered everything she said. She seemed skeptical. I took a step back. And then another. I took a third step and then I was running away.

No comments: